College of Business Education and Accountancy
Through its offered college programs, and short-courses, skill-based programs, it works to equip the students with relevant knowledge, skills and values in preparing them to become effective, efficient and socially responsible individuals in their chosen profession or vocation, and capable of responding effectively to the pressing needs of the economic growth and development of the local, regional, and national community.
A center of excellence in developing quality, skilled, and competent graduates prepared for a productive contribution to business and society, particularly in the fields of accountancy, accounting technology, entrepreneurship, real estate management, office management, hotel and restaurant management, as well as other relevant technical skills, which consequently leads to holistic development.
STRATEGIES. This course is designed to:
- equip students with quality and relevant education to give them a competitive advantage in their chosen endeavor;
- instill positive entrepreneurial, managerial, and administrative values and promote socio-economic awareness;
- encourage students to pursue other means of learning like seminar workshops and on-the-job training, to supplement the knowledge they have acquired in the institution.
BS Accounting Technology
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the accounting technology graduates:
- have acquired the knowledge of and proficiency in the concepts, standards, techniques and Methodology applicable to the different field/areas of accounting;
- have obtained proficiency in applying the concepts, standards, techniques and methodology to problems likely to be encountered in practice in accordance with prevailing Philippine Accounting Standards and Philippine Financial Reporting Standards;
- have gained conceptual knowledge and proficiency in the application of basic principles of income, business and transfer taxation as they relate to the different fields/areas of accounting.
- understood the pertinent legal provisions, general policies, concepts and underlying philosophy of business laws and relate them to accounting situations; and,
- have manifested competence and competitiveness in the present technologically advanced business environment even without the CPA certificate.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the accountancy graduates have:
- possessed the necessary knowledge, skills, values and positive attitude/s to pass the Certified Public Accountant Licensure examination and to practice the profession competently;
- instilled necessary knowledge, skills, values and positive attitude/des to be competent in the field of public accounting practice, government service, private employment and accountancy education;
- imbibed the values and positive attitudes to continue professional education and development and pursue higher education; and,
- inculcated the values and attitude to practice the profession with enthusiasm and high integrity.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the entrepreneurship graduates:
- experienced putting up a business enterprise applying the principles of entrepreneurship;
- conducted market and operations research;
- prepared credible business proposals and feasibility studies; and,
- exhibited the qualities of a productive entrepreneur such as, but not limited to, being creative, being a risk-taker, being an opportunity-seeker, being an innovator, and being persistent.
BS Office Management Program
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the office management graduates:
- have acquired knowledge and applied office procedures and requirements in medical, tourism, and legal offices;
- prepared training designs and facilitate the implementation of these;
- operated steno machines for speed writing;
- manifested excellent written and oral communication skills; and,
- practiced proper office etiquettes.
BS Hotel and Restaurant Management
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the hotel and restaurant management graduates have:
- manifested competent communication skills and the necessary basic management tools to practice the profession;
- acquired the knowledge and skills that will enable them to analyze problems and determine appropriate solutions;
- imbued the desirable work ethics and values that are crucial factors in dealing with guests and co-workers; and,
- been prepared with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for entrance and advancement in the various positions in the Hotel and restaurant industry.
Associate in Office Management Course (2 years)
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the associate in office management have:
- taken notes in, and transcribed shorthand writing;
- exhibited typing 50 words per minute with minimum errors;
- understood the basic and advanced office procedures; and,
- manifested good written and oral communication skills.
Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the real estate management graduates have:
- articulated the concepts, principles, theories, and philosophies of business, management, finance, economics, operations and marketing as applied to real estate service practice;
- performed quality real estate service management work which includes brokerage, appraisal and consultancy;
- conducted real estate project feasibility studies; and,
- demonstrated the values of fairness, transparency, accountability, hard work, honesty, patience, diligence, innovativeness and risk-taking.
HOUSEKEEPING NC II
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the housekeeping graduates have performed the following skills competently in hotels, motels, clubs, hospitals, resorts, dormitories or luxury liners:
- prepared guest rooms;
- cleaned the premises and equipment meticulously;
- did laundry for linen and guest’s clothes;
- provided effective housekeeping services; and,
- provided valet services.
FRONT OFFICE SERVICES NC II
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the front office services graduates have performed the following competently in commercial accommodation establishments:
- received and processed reservations;
- operated computerized reservations system;
- provided accommodation reception services;
- conducted night audit; and,
- provided club reception services and porter services.
COMMERCIAL COOKING NC II
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the commercial cooking graduates have performed the following competently in hotels, motels, restaurants, clubs, canteens, resorts or luxury lines/cruises:
- organized, prepared and presented food;
- selected, prepared, portioned and cooked meat;
- prepared stocks, sauces and soups, appetizers and salads, sandwiches, vegetables, fruits, eggs and starch products, hot and cold desserts, pastry, cakes, and yeast-based products;
- prepared, cooked and served food for menus;
- prepared and cooked poultry and game, and seafood;
- packaged prepared foodstuffs;
- received and stored kitchen supplies; and,
- cleaned and maintained kitchen premises.
BARTENDING NC II
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the bartending graduates have performed the following competently:
- operated a bar;
- prepared and mixed cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks;
- provided wine service; and,
- cleaned bar areas.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICES NC II
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the food and beverage services graduates have performed the following competently in hotels, motels, restaurants, clubs, canteens, resorts or luxury liners:
- provided food and beverage service,
- provided link between kitchen and service area, and
- provided room service.
BREAD AND PASTRY PRODUCTION NC II / BAKING NC II
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the bread and pastry production/baking graduates have performed the following competently in hotels, motels, restaurants, clubs, canteens, resorts and luxury lines/cruises or other related operations:
- prepared and produced bakery and pastry products;
- prepared and presented gateaux, tortes and cakes;
- prepared and displayed petits fours; and
- presented and served other plated desserts.
Bookkeeping NC III
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, the bookkeeping graduates have:
- Demonstrated enhanced knowledge, skills and attitude of a bookkeeper in accordance with industry standards
- Possessed the basic, common and core competencies on journalizing transactions, posting transactions, preparing trial balance, preparing financial reports and reviewing control.